Saturday 27 October 2012

More Brain Breaks!

I posted  several months ago a range of 1 minute Brain Breaks that can be incorporated into daily classroom activities. See here for my previous post.

Since then I have stumbled across some magnificent youtube clips that can aid these Brain Breaks. Most are songs but some are dances that can also be used for creative and performing arts, class transitioning, physical education, and assembly ideas.


A Tooty Ta - this is a fun time filler, as well as warm up before PE:





Shake Break - this is a fun, catchy dance for infants-aged kids:





I Like to Move It - this clip, from the most recent Madagascar film, is an absolute favourite in my class. It gets the kids going and they sing their little hearts out!




Elmo and I Know It - I have blogged about this previously as I used this as a theme for a school assembly. It's a kid-friendly parody of the popular LMFAO song "Sexy and I Know It". (See here for previous blog):





Ants in Your Pants - a fun brain break dance to shake the ants out of your pants!





Come to the Carpet - this transition song is probably more suited to younger children:



  

Crazy Frog Ding Dong Song - this is our 'clean up' song; as soon as the music starts, my students know it's time to pack up/clean up, and they do so whilst bopping away to this (ridiculously annoying!) tune:





Duck Song - this catchy and quirky song is a repeated request in my room, and my students know it by heart:





 If You're a Kid - students must dance and follow directions to this video:



  

The Gummy Bear Song - I am not even sure where this originated from, but my students actually suggested this one to me:





Chicken Dance - an old favourite that needs no introduction!





Minions Banana Song - this is a short clip from the Despicable Me sequel, and it's a bit cute:





Share It Maybe - Cookie Monster's parody of Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Baby". It's super cute and catchy as everyone knows the tune:



No comments:

Post a Comment